Busy Daddy and Physical Therapist chronicles his efforts to stay fit and competitive and offers pearls of wisdom from his life in athletics and career in therapy and athletic training

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bi's and Tri's (with emphasis on grip)

Taking into account my desire to work antagonist vs. agonist, I like to group my biceps and triceps work together.  I also like to incorporate grip strength with this workout too.  I once heard Brett Jones, RKC say "If the hand can't grip it, the shoulder won't move it".  Below are a few great examples for increasing grip strength while working the bi's and tri's.  Pyramid push-ups are another great tricep exercise.  I am not a big fan of dips.  I see horrible form with this in the gym all the time and it puts a lot of stress to the anterior (front) portion of the shoulder.  I will use a mixture of the exercises below, but never the same exercises every arm session.  The body will respond to the stress you place upon it...just don't let it get comfortable with the same exercises and resistance time in and time out. 






1 comment:

  1. That Livestrong video auto-plays every time I go on the website. Is there a way to turn that off?

    ReplyDelete