Busy Daddy and Physical Therapist chronicles his efforts to stay fit and competitive and offers pearls of wisdom from his life in athletics and career in therapy and athletic training

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where have I been?

Ok, so I spent a week in Jamaica.  My wife and I have been married for 9 years and this was the first time we have had a vacation of this magnitude.  Before we booked it, I made sure the resort had a fitness facility.  I was assured there was a well equipped gym, but you never really know until you see it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It had a bench, smith machine, dumbbells, medicine balls, ellipticals, treadmills, cable cross-over machine, and much more.  However, what I enjoyed the most (in way of exercise at least) while I was there was my ocean swim.  I threw on my goggles and in about 20-25 feet of water I could see clear to the bottom.  I swam about 400 meters.  The gym was an open-air gym with only the breeze (not one) and some ceiling fans to keep you cool.  Needless to say, I did a good bit of sweating. 

A lot of people commonly ask me; Why don't you relax on your vacations?  Vacations are all about doing what you want to do and enjoy.  Exercise has become a part of my lifestyle, and I can not dream of a week without it.  Now that I am back home, I am back to training for the upcoming triathlon and up for new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment