Busy Daddy and Physical Therapist chronicles his efforts to stay fit and competitive and offers pearls of wisdom from his life in athletics and career in therapy and athletic training

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fitness as I see IT

As a healthcare professional, I have heard almost every excuse known to man or woman in regards to not exercising. My life is to busy, my "knee" won't let me, I can't join a gym, I don't know what exercises to do are just a few of the many excuses I hear daily. Exercise and a committment to fitness is a lifestyle choice. You make time for it like you make time to eat, dress, pay bills, read, and text on your cell phone. I am not going to list all the benefits of exercise that countless reasearch has proven over the years. Instead, this blog is going to highlight exercise tips, training regimens, and common mistakes made in the gym. My 10 years of experience as a orthopedic Physical Therapist and 13 years as a certified athletic trainer have given me a unique perspective on injury and exercise. In addition, I have completed numerous 5K's, 10K's, sprint triathlons, and one half marathon. I have managed to balance all this while holding down a full time job, being a father to two children, and a husband to a wonderful and supportive wife. I have encountered cramps, injuries, exercise burnout, bonking, buying the wrong shoes, uncomfortable chafing, and the bliss that comes with crossing the finish line completely exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment