Busy Daddy and Physical Therapist chronicles his efforts to stay fit and competitive and offers pearls of wisdom from his life in athletics and career in therapy and athletic training

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Exercise and "choices"

Sometimes we just "phone in" a workout. Everyday can't be groundbreaking. You should not attempt to always be doing the latest fad workout or highly creative routine. The most important thing is that you showed up. You are at the gym. You slipped on your running shoes or you put the yoga DVD in the player. You made the effort. It would have been much easier to fall backwards onto the couch sinking into the soft spot that is ever increasing in size in most American households. As my wife has pointed out to me and our children, life is all about the choices that we make. Exercise should consist of variety. A various array of challenges, stresses, and speeds should make up your exercise regimen. This philosophy of exercise is what attracted me so much to triathlons. I love doing sprint triathlons. Here is a great link summing up why I choose them....Click here.

So, I kinda "phoned" this blog in today. Opting to use a link to express some of my opinions about the thrill and choice of triathlon.

How I train for one is another topic(s) for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment